Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23, 2012

Hola!

How's everyone doing? I don't have P-Days for the next 4 weeks. I'm working at the Brigham City Temple Open House Monday-Saturday from 7 am - 10 pm. We all wake up at 5 am and be at the temple early. At the end of the day, we end up so tired and an older lady told us at the end of the day that we look like a bunch of drunk girls because of how tired we look. haha We must've looked like crap. We started on Saturday and our first day was super busy! Thousands of people came and we didn't really rest but to just eat lunch and dinner. That same day, anti-mormons came and would look for sister missionaries in the reception center and ask weird questions and start bible bashing. All we could do was just be nice and look pretty. The cops showed up and they were told to leave nicely. We can't do any proselyting which is really hard because people ask us questions. All we do is welcome people, press play in the video room, and talk to people in the reception center. Doesn't sound tiring but trust me it is! We stand all day. We end up walking like penguins at the end of the night. But the inside of the temple is amazing! So beautiful! I loved everything. We can take as many tours as we want. I try to take one at least everyday. When I go into the celestial room, I feel the Spirit so strong. A lot of people cry and it's amazing how strong the Spirit is. We went to the brides room and oh my heck. I'm not even going to think about it. haha It's too early for me to be trunky. But it's was really pretty! Yesterday over 16,000 people came. Just on one day. It's crazy! But it's amazing to ask people what they felt when they were in the temple. :0 Well sorry I don't have much time to write. I got to go back to the temple to work and help the sisters out. You all should come to the temple open house to see the temple and to see me. haha Have a great week ya'll!


-Sister Marin







No comments:

Post a Comment