Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Novmeber 20, 2012

Hola everyone,
 
Yeah I know it's surprising that I'm barely updating after almost 3 months. I've just been super busy. I have a lot to tell ya'll though.
Transfers were about 2 weeks ago. I'm not in a trio anymore. I have 1 companion though. Hermana Judy. She's from Ashton, Idaho. It's about 3 hours away from Ashton. Hermana Judy used to go to BYU-I before her mission. She's waiting for a visa to Spain. Hermana Judy is great to have as a companion. We've been having a lot of fun. Oh and I'm still in Logan. Logan is super cold. You would think I'm used to the cold because I live in Idaho but no. I'm Mexican, remember that? Mexicans don't do very well in the cold. Also, we don't have a car at the moment because in the Buena Vista branch, now there are 4 sister missionaries. Our area got split and the car had to be handed over to the other sisters because of their area. Even though our area is split it's still huge. I had to talk to the APs and tell them that we need a car because it's impossilbe to get a lot of work done without the car. Also the whole walking deal is killing my knee. Every night it's swollen. But it's ok. Sacrifice brings blessings right? Of course it does. I've been seeing those blessings.
On Saturday, we had a baptism. Darian, she's from El Salvador. She's 12 years old. All of her family are baptized except for her. She was living in El Salvador with her grandmother but she finally was reunited with hre parents after years and years. Her dad baptized her and it was amazing. At the end of her getting baptized, her dad hugged her and the Spirit was so strong. I turned to my companion and my companion was getting a little teary. But really, it was very spritual. A ton of people came and they supported her. It's great to see members and non-members support someone that's gettings baptized. Next week we're having 2 baptisms. We're excited for that. Jenni who is 10 years old and knows a lot about that church and Estefania who is 22 years old. The work here in Logan is going great. But we need to look for new people to teach. Looks like we have to start knocking doors. Pray for us.
Last week we taught an 8 year old because the little girl's mom requested sisters to help her daughter understand what baptism is. Anyways, we taught her the plan of Salvation...before I go on I forgot to mention that Phoebe is ADHD. It's hard for her to focus. Towards the end, we asked her if she remembered what the pre-mortal life was. She says "it's when Adam and Steve partook of the fruit...", yes she said Adam and Steve. hahaha We all couldn't stop laughing! It was so funny. Our most fun lessons are with Phoebe. We always look forward to those lessons. We're having another lesson with her tonight.
For Thanksgiving, I'm cooking a turkey and ham. A total of 6 of us, sister missionaries, will be cooking. Please pray for us, I've never cooked a turkey before and I don't want to burn our apartment down. haha But I'm really excited for this feast we're having. I hope ya'll have a great Thanksgiving and eat a lot of turkey! :) Don't party too much now. Oh and if any of want to send me Christmas packages, you have to send them by the 30th of November. We're having a Christmas party as a mission and they're giving us our presents on the 6th of December at the Christmas party. Send them to the mission address. I'll love you forever if you send me Christmas packages. Every missionary looks forward to packages. Especially me! :) I love you all! And keep sending the letters too!
-Hermana Marin
 





















 

No comments:

Post a Comment