Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 17, 2012

Hi!
 
How's everyone doing? I hope you're all doing great!
 
Transfer day was really crazy! I woke up early to finish my packing because I was super tired the night before. I had to be at the mission office at 8:30 am for a training since I was going to be a trainer. The training was a lot of fun and they basically told us to be a great example and be obedient because whoever we trained would end up basically like us after their 12 weeks of training. Anyways, we met at the chapel to see who we were going to train because there were sooo many of us. Other missionaries that weren't training were there too because they wanted to see who was training who and were the new missionaries that came in. the chapel was full. I'm training Sister Faasavalu. She's from Samoa but left from Hawaii. She's awesome. She has the desire to learn Spanish. She's a lot of fun. She was going to ASU and had a scholarship playing basketball for ASU but I think she lost her scholarship because she decided to come on a mission. I know the sacrifice that she made by coming on a mission, the Lord will bless her after. I've already seen the blessing I've received while being on my mission.
 
I'm back in Brigham and the work is slow right now. Not a lot of people to work with so we're tracting a lot and setting up a lot of appointments with new people we meet. So pray for us to find new people. :) Our car broke down Friday so we are car-less. We've been walking around and it's sooo hot outside. It's ok, I'm getting a work out. haha We've found a couple people by just walking so that's good. I came to realize that our car broke down so we could walk and find people. The weather here has been crazy. It's bi-polar like Idaho weather. Yesterday it was really hot and while we were at our dinner appointment in Willard it just started pouring outside. We walk no matter what the weather is like.
 
Anyone going to the Brigham City temple open house? If so, I hope to see you all there. We'll be working there and the temple is very pretty! It's about done and I think they're just putting flowers and cleaning inside the temple. We're so excited!
 
Well hope to hear from you all soon!
 
-Hermana Marin









No comments:

Post a Comment