Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11, 2012

Hello Friends,

How's everyone doing?
Can I just start off how I love this area? I love Logan. I love the people here in Logan. They're all just so nice! Transfers are coming up and I'm not very excited about it. I'm really hoping I don't get transferred or get a new companion. Hermana Judy and I have been having a lot of success. We're now trying to find new investigators. So please pray for us.
Any how, last Thursday we had mission conference. It was so much fun! It started at 9 am and ended around 5 pm. 9-12 was training by some missionaries and then someone came to talk to us about his life as a missionary. He was called to the Boise Idaho Mission and that he wasn't very happy about his mission call. He also had a football scholarship but lost it because he decided to come on a mission. But when ending his mission he had to start thinking about college. He was able to get a football scholarship from BYU and played for them. He talked about blessings from serving a mission. Then he told us that we're called to a certain mission for a reason. People have been waiting for US to teach them. We need to stop being selfish and bring people come unto Christ. It was a great talk though. Then we had lunch. The office staff made us lunch and it was super good. We then had a talent show. A couple of the missionaries and I did a Mexican dance. "El Baile De Los Viejitos". It was so much fun. We dressed up as Mexicans, well I didn't really have to dress up because I'm Mexican so I just put on a Mexican Pancho, wore a Mexican hat, and an old man mask. All the missionaries were at mission conference. When it was time for us to dance I was having second thoughts about it. haha, I was super nervous. The talent show was about 3  hours long. Longest talent show of my life. But it was a lot of fun. Oh and after mission conference, we got our car! Heck yeah! No more walking in the freezing cold and getting knee pains from how cold it is. :)
On Saturday we had 2 baptisms. Lucia and Elmer. Lucia is amazing! She has so much faith! I don't think I've ever met someone with so much faith. I know her and her son are going to be very strong members. Elmer who is 11 years old is even thinking about going on a mission. The baptism was very spiritual.Lucia had to get baptized 3 times because 1st the baptism prayer wasn't said correctly. 2nd because she wasn't all the way in the water. 3rd, she finally got baptized correctly. 2 of her children still aren't baptized but I know they'll get baptized soon. Steven who is 17 years old is a very difficult one. I was very bold with him and asked him..."so Steven, when are you getting baptized?". He said he didn't know. He's been going to church with his friends. :) it's great! Pray for him as well! Oh and his sister.
On Sunday we went caroling with the branch missionaries and the ward mission leader. We caroled to the less actives and out investigators. It was a lot of fun but VERY cold! Well everyone hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment