Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 26, 2012

Hello! :)

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas as much as I did. We had a white Christmas...and it's still snowing. Thank goodness for cars. Anyways, I was able to spend it with members here in Logan/Smithfield. Being away from home and not being able to spend it with my family made me appreciate my family even more. I love my family and I'm grateful for everything that they've taught me. Because of them I'm on a mission and still strong in the church. They taught me the doctrines of the gospel.

On Christmas Eve, we went to a member's (Hermana T) home to cook pozole because we had dinner with her that day. My companion learned how to cook it since she's not Hispanic. Then we went to Smithfield to have another dinner with the Family H. We had dinner with them, we talked for a while and laughed a lot. They're a very fun family. Then we ate chocolate. They had a chocolate fountain and fruits, cake, pretzels, and all that good stuff and we just put it in the chocolate fountain. It was soooo good. Then they gave us a gift. Very nice of them. :)

Then we had a sleep over with a couple of the sisters since it was Christmas Eve. It was a lot of fun. We did a white elephant gift exchange. We laughed a lot and talked.

On Christmas, I was able to Skype my family. I saw my whole family and the side of my dad's family. It was great seeing them. They were having a party in the background. haha I'm so glad I'm Mexican because they know how to party on Christmas. It was great talking to my parents and my brother. My brother told me how he's preparing to go on his mission. I was very excited for that. He's excited for that. Who knew he had the desire to go on a mission? Certainly not me. haha I think yesterday was going to be the last time I saw him since he'll be going on his mission soon. It's ok, sacrifice brings blessings. :)

Well everyone, I hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm not sure what we're doing for that day. Hope a lot of people are home. haha Hope to hear from you soon as well.

-Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment