Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22, 2013

Hola!
 
So last week on Thursday we had Zone Conference. It was a great training! We set goals for ourselves and I decided to read the Book of Mormon 4 more times before the end of my mission. We got training on how to help out our investigators "see the light" and "stay posi". Also on how to be a successful missionary. I love Zone Conferences! Towards the end of Zone Conference, President Hiers walks by me and Hermana Judy and says, "by the way there's movement..." and Hermana Judy and I stare at each other with confused faces and he says, "your visa is in, you're going to the MTC Tuesday." Then he just walks away. Hermana Judy and I got very sad and she starts crying and gives me a hug. I knew it was going to be a very sad weekend for the both of us.
 
Yesterday I took her to the mission home because she was going to stay the night in Clearfield with a couple missionary that works at the office because they were going to take her and this other sister to the MTC to sign papers for her visa.The drive to Ogden was very sad. We stayed at the mission home for dinner and then it was time to say good-bye. It was not pretty. We both started bawling and gave each other a hug. So sad! We just kept repeating to each other "one year, one year!". haha Yeah Girls are very emotional...it's what we do best right?
 
Transfers are next week! Pray for me! I don't know how I feel about transfers. I hate transfers, maybe because I dislike change. But it's ok. If I get transferred it's what the Lord watns. :)
 
Love you all!
 
-Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment