Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2013

Hola a todos,
We have transfers tomorrow. We found out today about transfers. We have a transfer breakfast and a family in the stake from one of the elder's area cooks for us and we just all eat as a zone and our zone leaders announce where we're going. It's super fun. I'm staying in the same area for another transfer. It'll be my 4th transfer. I had Sister Judy during this transfer but she got her visa and had to head out to Spain. I was SUPER sad to say good-bye. :( She became my best friend and we had a great time! We had 7 baptisms in total. :) We were a good companionship. She helped out a lot and I tried to help her with her confidence. It was a great transfer. We had a lot of memories and we both came to love our investigators. It's been snowing here since Sunday. It's crazy weather. I love Logan though it's such a great area and filled with a lot of potentials.
Yesterday we met a family that is GOLDEN. :) I believe the elders in Smithfield were teaching this family's 11 year old daughter but the parents didn't let her get baptized until she's 18 and really wanted to make this decision. But on Sunday we got a call from our ward mission leader and told us that he had a referral from us and said that this family wants to meet with the missionaries and learn more. We had to go on splits since the appointment was around the same time as a baptism interview. I taught this family the restoration and they loved it. I talked to them about the Holy Ghost and they said when I recited the first vision they felt something they couldn't describe and it was a great feeling. :) I just met them yesterday and I truly love this family already. I think while teaching them they'll let their daughter get baptized and they'll see that this gospel is great for their family and they could get sealed in the temple as a family. That would be great! Hugo is another one of our investigators. He's amazing and he wants to get baptized. Sister Judy and I tried to get him to set a date for Feb. but he wouldn't. He said in May. Sister Judy and I weren't sure why he said in May. Then after the lesson it popped into my head that it was because he smoked. But guess what? He stopped smoking! He has been smoking since he was 12 years old. He thought at first that he needed till May to be able to accomplish that but guess what? He has stopped smoking for 9 days now. He's getting baptized Feb. 16! Heck yes! He's great! He's had dreams with Jesus Christ and a dream like the vision of tree of life before he has heard of it before in the Book of Mormon. I'm super excited for his baptism.
-Hermana Marin




No comments:

Post a Comment