Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5, 2013

Hey,
 
How are you all doing?
 
We had a lesson with Hugo and Denise. I love them. Hugo is going to get baptized next week and I'm very excited for him. He's going to be a very strong member. He's officially stopped smoking. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. We gave him a pamphlet of the Word of Wisdom so he can read more after our lesson. Yesterday we went back and Denise said that after we left he started reading the pamphlets. Hugo really liked the Word of Wisdom pamphlet because it talks about how to overcome addictions. Hermano Morales (wml) came with us to the lesson and during the lesson Hugo said that sometimes he feels weak and wants to start smoking again but knows it's not worth it. I asked him if he would like to get a blessing and talked to him about how a blessing would really help him overcome his addiction. Then Hermano Morales asked him if he wanted a blessing, he said yes and Hermano Morales gave him an amazing blessing. The Spirit was incredible. On Sunday they'll be going to the branch. Hopefully they like it and end up coming to Buena Vista. Yesterday we also talked a bit about temple marriage because they brought it up. They would like for me to come to their sealing next year. Awesome right? Denise said that they're going to have another huge party after the sealing. haha Dang, that girl really likes to party. That's why Denise and I could be really good friends. ;) And they're getting married on Saturday. On Friday, we'll be helping them set up for the wedding and Saturday we'll be going to their wedding. They'll be a lot of Hispanics so we're going to try to meet new people so that we can start teaching new people.

So wanna know something funny that happened to us 4 sisters? Oh and there's for sister missionaries in the branch. Well Hermana Marcum and Hermana Fa'asavalu had the dinner calendar and Marcum made Hermana Fa'asavalu call for dinner and on Saturday it said that we were having dinner with Morales. Marcum didn't tell Hermana Fa'asavalu that there were many Morales' so she didn't ask exactly for the address or didn't even know who they were. We showed up to Hermano Morales' (wml) house for dinner and he sits us down and starts talking to us about missionary work. His wife comes up from downstairs with dye in her hair and she ends up getting in the shower. I was very confused but then I realized that it wasn't them that we were going to have dinner with. We were at the freakin' wrong house! I didn't say anything and I just waited for the other sisters to find out. haha While talking to Hermano Morales Hermana Fa'asavalu and Marcum get a phone call and it was the other Morales'. Our wml's brother calling us to ask us if we were on our way for dinner. hahaha Yup we were at the wrong house for dinner. I started to laugh and then everybody else did too. Even Hermano Morales. It was so funny. So we leave and drive to our real dinner appointment.

Lets see what else...oh yeah yesterday was Hermana Maya's birthday (my companion). The Brigham City sisters came and Hermana Marcum and Fa'asavalu. They all stayed at our apartment and it was so much fun. We laughed so hard I'm pretty sure I got a work out from laughing so much. Hermana Fa'asavalu got a makeover. Maya wanted to do a makeover on Hermana Fa'asavalu and she didn't really want to but it was Maya's birthday so that was the excuse for her to let Hermana Maya do the makeover. haha Then Hermana Maya got a makeover by Hermana Marcum and she looked like a hooker. hahahaha It was so funny. And then Hermana Marcum told her she looked like an alien. What the? haha While they were getting makeovers I was making some sincronizadas (similar to a quesadilla). Anyways, It was a lot of fun. We even played hide-n-seek. I hid up on the cubbards. I really mean, hid on top of them. Oh and guess who's trying to lose weight before they go home??? Yup, this girl right here. haha I was looking at pictures that I had in the past and I look scary now so I really have to work my butt off before I go home. We all decided to do a "biggest loser" contest between Me, Hermana Fa'asavalu, Hermana Peña, Hermana Murillo, and Hermana Maya. We all weighed ourselves this morning. haha Wish me luck my friends!

Also I can't remember if I told you about this new family we're teaching. Remember the 11 year old girl that Elder Destories and Elder Lerma were teaching? Well her parents want to take the discussions and want to get baptized as soon as possible. We'll have 6 baptisms this month! :) It's great! I love missionary work!
 
P.S. My birthday is Feb. 18 if any of you would like to send me packages I would love you forever. ;) haha If you plan on sending me a package do it through Postal Services. You can send it through UPS but it'll take me longer to get it because I have to go to the office to pick it up.
 
Well I love you all and I hope to hear from you soon!
 
-Hermana Marin
 
Pictures:
-Hermana Fa'asavalu and I having a guitar session.
-Hermana Maya having missionaries preach to her.
-Where I hid during our session of hide-n-seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment