Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15, 2013

What's up everyone?
 
Well last week was an adventure that's for sure. I love serving a mission. It's just full of adventures. Last week we basically had a snow day...Thursday, it was snowing like crazy. After our dinner appointment, we received a text message from our zone leaders saying that our mission president took 2 hours to get to Ogden from Brigham City when it really doesn't take that long. So our mission president said that he didn't want the mission cars out on the road and we had to stay in for the rest of the day. It was snowing like crazy though. On our way out from dinner, we had to go down the stairs to get to our car and I told the sisters to be careful and to not slip...next thing I hear are screams. I turn around and it was my companion on the floor. First thing I said..."BE CAREFUL!" Did they listen. No. haha Sheesh! So right after dinner we had to go home and let the zone leaders know that we made hit home safely. We didn't know what to do when we got home so we decided to get some cleaning done. We cleaned our apartment and it was nice. Then we just layed on the floor and talked. It was really nice actually.
 
A couple days ago I was on the phone with one of the office staff from the mission office talking about a baptism record. While on the phone, I hear screaming coming from downstairs in the bathroom. In my mind I was thinking "what is going on downstairs?, Is my companion ok?". I couldn't just tell the office staff that my companion is screaming the bathroom and she must be dying! Right when I got off the phone, I run downstairs and my companion Hermana Judy opens the bathroom door and I see her standing in water. She says, "something doesn't look right...". haha I just started laughing. The toilet went crazy and water came out like crazy! My companion said that she was grateful for her dad to teach her how to turn on off the water. While my companion was mopping, I was just laughing and couldn't stop. Oh my dear companion. haha The things that happen to her.
 
On Saturday we had a ward missionary activity. It was about the Plan Of Salvation. We had all the organizations help us with this activity and the members were going to invite their non-member friends and less-actives. Each organization had to decorate their room describing their part of the Plan of Salvation. The Primary president couldn't make it on time to decorate because she had to go to work. So she sent one of the primary teachers to paint a mural but she had to go to a wedding so she wasn't going to finish it. We volunteered to help paint it and have her go to the wedding. We all had to be there at 2 p.m. to help set up this activity. The activity starts at 5 p.m. We painted for 2 hours and we both don't even know how to paint. Thanks to the Spirit, it helped us. It really doesn't look bad! haha We both did a good job. The activity was a success. :)
 
I think that's all I have to share today. Sorry everyone that this was a boring update! Next week well be better! :)
 
-Hermana Marin


 



No comments:

Post a Comment