Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4/25/2012


Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't sent an update! I've been super busy and everytime I get on to send emails and I'm home, I somehow realized I forgot to update the blog! haha You all know I have a bad memory. ;) Anyways, I'm now out of the MTC as of April 10th. I'm serving in Brigham City. It's probably a lot smaller than Caldwell but this place reminds me of Caldwell. It's great! I love it here. The members and the investigators are awesome! They all want us to come over but we don't have enough time to visit everyone. They all feed us amazing food! At fast food places, we get free food but we don't really go that much to fast food places. Members and investigators feed us all the time. My companion's name is Sister Galaviz. She's from Mexico but lives in Price, Utah. A couple hours from Provo. She's awesome, funny, and very random! I sent pictures of when I was in the MTC and a couple of 2 days ago. That should make up for the times I didn't update and couldn't send pictures in the MTC. So enjoy. On Sunday, April 29th we will be having a baptism. We committed our investigator, Claudia to baptism and she said yes. :) We have another baptism May 13th. His name is Francisco. He knows a lot of the gospel already though so it should be easy. We have another baptism in May but this investigator works a lot and can't go to church on Sundays but she said she's going to start coming this coming Sunday since she got her schedule changed. Also, there's an Elder serving in the Boise Mission and I know him well. Well guess what? We're teaching is family (parents and siblings). They're not members and they know this church is true and they're waiting for him to come home to baptize them. We taught them on Sunday and we felt the Spirit strongly. I love missionary work. I couldn't have made a better decision. :) I truely learned so much being here. I hope some of you decide to go on a mission because it will change you lives. I see miracles happen everyday I'm out preaching the gospel. It's amazing how the Spirit testifies to people that this church is true. Well I hope you're all doing great and pray for me and my companion. We need to find more people! Also, we went to the Logan temple and can I just say the temple is amazing! We went to a session and it was great! I love being a member of the church! Well I gotta go! Adios!
 
-Hermana Marin


















No comments:

Post a Comment