Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5th, 2012

Hey everyone,

How's it going? Well guess what? I leave to Ogden Tuesday, April 10th. :) I'm super excited and cannot wait! I'm also sad I won't see a lot of Elders and Hermanas that I've made friends with for a long time. I've gotten the opportunity to know everyone very well. It's like we've known each other our whole lives. I guess that's what happens when you work together 24/7. It's great! Hermana Kreutzer and I are both going to Ogden and we can't wait until we get to serve together even though it'll be a while until we can. These past couple of days have been really crazy. We teach about 10 lessons a day or more. I know once I get out to the mission field I'll be teaching more but I love teaching. We got all of our investigators committed to baptism. Our investigator Carlos talks a lot and sometimes we can't teach him what we have planned but it's ok. The lesson is still very spiritual.

Things with my companion are about the same. We had companion inventory Sunday and talked to her about eveything. I thought she would change but still hasn't. I pray for her everyday. I know she'll learn, someday. haha But other than that everything is great! I don't remember if I told you all but I saw Sister Janelle McCune my 4th day here in the MTC. I was happy to see her! We see each other everyday and sometimes her and her companion eat with my zone. We took pictures Sunday but I can't send pictures from the MTC computers. I guess you'll have to wait until I leave. :)

Yesterday my district got asked to host the new missionaries. We received about 360 new missionaries. Imagine how crazy it gets here. After we got done hosting we got told that 3 of our Elders got reassigned to another mission until they receive their visas. It was very depressing saying bye. We also took a bunch of pictures. I wish you could all see them right now but I guess you'll have to wait as well. haha Well I have to go. There's never enough time to send emails! Until next week everyone!
-Hermana Marin
P.S. Write me people! I want to hear about everything that is going on! Don't forget to write me to my mission field address. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment