Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15th, 2012

Hi everyone!
I hope everyone spent Mother's Day with your moms. :) If I were home, I know I would of that's for sure. Well on Saturday we had a baptism!! Claudia got baptized! She wanted to get baptized at 10:00 a.m. early huh? haha I didn't have a problem at that time since we wake up at 6:30 a.m. anyways. Everyone else had trouble waking up I'm sure. But the baptism was amazing and spiritual. She's really happy she's baptized now because she's been waiting for more than 3 years to get baptized. I know that everyone has their time to get baptized. Then on Sunday we had another baptism. Francisco got baptized. It was a great weekend!

I was able to skype my family for mother's day too. It was great seeing my family, family De Jesus, family Vasquez, family Hafen, Erik Espinoza, and Erick Garcia. I really miss everyone but I didn't get homesick. Everyone looks great and I know sooner than I know it, I'll be heading home. Time goes by fast! We skyped at the Hale's home and they're a really nice family. They let us use their ipads and they gave us dinner before we had to go to Fancisco's baptism. I wish I could go back to Sunday! haha After the baptism, Cate Pacheco (she served a mission in Peru) gave us a ride to Logan to do exchanges. My companion went to Logan and Sister Gott who only has 2 months left came here with me. I was a bit nervous because I had to do all the planning and tell her where to go. So on Monday, it was a lot of fun! Sister Gott is awesome! We had a good time and had a few lessons. We found new people to teach and we had a referral and we went to contact him and found him! We're meeting him (Yonny) tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. We did service too and we pulled weeds. It looked like a jungle! But it was a lot of fun. We had a good laugh while pulling weeds. Well I hope everyone is doing awesome and miss you all. Write me people! Trust me, your letters are very much needed! I need to know what's going on. :) Love you all! Adios!

-Hermana Marin

No comments:

Post a Comment