Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 7, 2012


Hey!
 
Last week was great and a lot of fun! I honestly love my area and the people I serve. Well guess what? Transfers are coming up!!! It's almost 6 weeks, well we just have 2 more weeks left until transfers. Rumors are that my companion is getting transferred and I'll be getting a new companion who will be finishing training me. One of the Sisters told us but she wouldn't tell us who is going to be my new companion. I kind of have an idea of who might be my next companion. I just hope I don't get transferred because I love Brigham City, well mainly the people. My companion (Hermana Galaviz) has been in Brigham since December so most likely she will get transferred. If so...I'll miss her. We have a great time and she has taught me so much!
 
Anyways, remember how I said we were going to have a baptism last week? It got cancelled because we couldn't get a hold of out investigator and couldn't finish teacher her the lessons. She has been going through so much. I feel bad for her but she wants to get baptized. On Friday we went to drop off a few things for her and she asked "So what about my baptism? When am I getting baptized?" My companion and I just stared at each other because we were really surprised. We didn't bring it up because I thought she wasn't going to get baptized anytime soon but like I said we see miracles everyday. It's amazing. We told her she can get baptized any time that she wanted and she wants to get baptized this Saturday. She said that she already started inviting her family and friends to her baptism and she's super excited so on Saturday we will be having a baptism for sure this time. :) Oh and we're having another one on Sunday. We are super excited. 2 baptisms in one week. Also last week we got another call and it was a member asking us if we could teach his 10 year old niece. He told us that she wanted to learn more about the church. We showed up and we ended coming out of their homes committing them to baptism. So 2 more baptisms this month. :) We taught them to pray and they said they want to come to church. They're so cute! Their names are Jessika and Desirae. Jessika is 10 and Desirae is 7 and turns 8 this month so it's perfect.
 
Yesterday, we had an awesome Family Home Evening with the Vasquez family who their son just got back from his mission. He was serving in the Boise Idaho Mission. That was probably one of my favorite lessons ever. We felt the spirit so strong! We taught them the Restoration. We asked them what they thought about baptism but they want to learn more so I think we're getting there. :) I told them that they should pray and ask God if what we're teaching them is true and if baptism is the right path for them but Bro. Vasquez told us they didn't know how to pray so what we did next was amazing! We all knelt and we all prayed and we all took turns praying. The Vasquez family prayed and it was amazing! It was one of my best experiences so far. I honestly love this family. They're great and I know without a doubt that they Lord will answer their prayers and they will get baptized someday.
 
Today we had a sisters activity and it was a lot of fun! Since Mother's day is coming up we did a jeopardy game and we did a relay game. It was so much fun! I got to know a lot of the sisters that I haven't met since I've been here.
 
My favorite thing about being on a mission so far is the people! It's the truth. The people here are nice! Even people that don't want to hear about the church invite us to eat and want to have a good time with us. They're great! I also have to say the food but it's ridiculous how much the people feed us! We sometimes have 2 dinner appointments a day. haha Now my least favorite thing...I have to say the people that make an appointment with us and when we show up, they're not there! It's so annoying but we get used to it. Well I hope everyone is doing great and having a great time. Hasta luego!
 
-Hermana Marin




No comments:

Post a Comment