Welcome

Hermana Celia Marin is serving a full time Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ogden, Utah. She is excited to be serving the Lord. We will be posting her weekly emails and any pictures that she sends. Be sure to send her letters of encouragement throughout the next 18 months.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012

Hola!
Como estan? Well guess what? Tomorrow are transfers and today we found out who's going where. My companion and I both didn't want to leave...but today in the morning we found out by our zone leaders that I'm getting transferred! :( When I found out, let me tell you, I was not happy! My companion has been here since Dec. and she's staying another transfer! I'm sad I'm leaving Brigham. I'm going to Clearfield which is close to Layton. I don't know what else to say about this. And packing here I come...AGAIN. I came to realize that the Lord is sending me out to Clearfield because someone or people are waiting for me to teach them about the gospel. It's hard to understand at the moment but it's true why I'm gettting sent to Clearfield. But I'm coming back in Aug. for the temple open house here in Brigham. :) So you should all come to the open house and if you do ask for me and say hi! It's aloud. :)
Anyways, we are still teaching investigators ("friends"). No baptisms this weekend. But the work is great! Today I'll be taking a lot of pictures with families since I leave tomorrow.
Oh on Saturday we had an awesome service project with our district. We went to a Sister's house to do service but before we did service she made A LOT of scones. They were huge and I had about 4. After we ate we had a marshmellow fight! Everyone was against each other and Elder Heintz shot me in the face and it hurt like no other. Everyone kept getting hit in the face and it was funny. Even Sister Stephenson who we did service for was playing with us. Then we got to work for reals. We did a bunch of yard work. It was fun! I never really did like doing service before my mission but now I love it. When I come back home, I'll be doing service. haha
Well pray for me while I'm out in Clearfield. Prayers are needed everyday. :) I hope everyone is doing great and having fun without me. I miss you all and keep the letters coming! Sorry this is short but this P-Day is super busy!
Hasta Luego!
-Sister Marin

p.s. Sorry I don't have any pictures for this week! Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment